Post-doctoral and Research Engineer Positions in Computer Vision/Artificial Intelligence for Healthcare
camma – Posted on February 6, 2017 at 10:02 am –
- Job Type: Post-Doc
- Employer: University of Strasbourg
- Location: France
- Link: http://camma.u-strasbg.fr/
- Job Descriptions:
Post-doctoral and Research Engineer Positions in Computer Vision/Artificial Intelligence for Healthcare @ University of Strasbourg, France
We are looking for post-doctoral fellows and research engineers in Computer Vision / Artificial Intelligence to join the development of our clinical prototypes aiming at monitoring patient and clinician safety during image-guided interventions. The project involves the perception of the Operating Room through a set of RGB-D cameras mounted on the ceiling as well as the recognition of surgical activities using both RGB-D and endoscopic videos. A better idea of our research can be obtained from our website as well as from the illustrative videos below:
– Augmented reality for X-ray monitoring:
– Deep Learning for the Analysis of Large Surgical Video Databases:
– Human Body Tracking in the Operating Room using RGB-D data:
The successful candidates will be responsible for the development of the demonstration prototypes and for their introduction to a hybrid operating room at IHU Strasbourg, a novel surgical institute with brand new facilities. Their main tasks will be to
– develop new methods and integrate existing methods for person detection and tracking, human activity recognition and augmented reality
– improve the existing prototypes to meet real-time requirements
– develop clinician-friendly graphical user interfaces
Proficiency in English is mandatory for this position since the development of the prototypes will involve communication with the clinical and industrial partners of the project.
– Research engineer: Master in Computer Science or equivalent. PhD is welcome for research engineer positions but not mandatory
– Post-doctoral fellow: PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
– Strong C++ programming skills with experience in Computer Vision/Machine Learning or 3D visualization
– Proficiency in English (oral and written)
– Knowledge/experience in GPGPU, Deep Learning or Qt is a plus.
The position is located in Strasbourg, France. Strasbourg is a lively, green and cosmopolitan city situated in the heart of Europe and is also home to the European parliament. The successful candidate will work with the research group CAMMA and will be hosted within the IRCAD institute at the University Hospital of Strasbourg. He/She will thereby have direct contact with clinicians, industrial partners and also have access to an exceptional international research environment offering unique clinical facilities.
The position is available as soon as possible for an initial duration of one year with the possibility to extend. The position will be open until an excellent candidate is found. The net salary is competitive and ranges from ~2000Euros/month to ~2500Euros/month depending on prior experience. To apply, please send a long CV and a motivation letter describing your experience in computer vision to Nicolas Padoy (npadoy _AT_ unistra.fr).
CAMMA @ University of Strasbourg:
IHU Strasbourg: http://www.ihu-strasbourg.eu/ihu/en/
- Contact Name: Nicolas Padoy
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org