Postdoctoral fellows/software engineers
nirenberg – Posted on March 17, 2017 at 11:43 am –
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Employer: Cornell Medical School and associated start up companies
- Location: New York City
- Link: http://physiology.med.cornell.edu/faculty/nirenberg/lab/
- Job Descriptions:
WHO WE ARE
We are an academic lab at Cornell that has generated two well-funded start up companies in New York City – one that develops new kinds of prosthetic devices and one that develops new kinds of smart robots.
The lab focuses on basic science – specifically, on computational neuroscience – and what the companies do is take what we learn in the lab and use it to develop solutions to real world problems. Our work has been featured on the Discovery channel, in a TED talk, in Scientific American, Wired, Discover Magazine, National Geographic, and the World Science Festival. For more detail on the lab’s research, see http://physiology.med.cornell.edu/faculty/nirenberg/lab/
We currently have positions available for postdoctoral fellows and software engineers in the robotics company. Stock options in addition to salary are included. The work focuses on autonomous mobility, object and face recognition, and several other real-world artificial intelligence projects. Come join us and help shape the next phase in artificial intelligence!
- BA in Computer Science, Applied Math, or related technical field
- Demonstrated experience in Python and C/C++
- Relevant experience in one or more of the following: Mathematics (probability, statistics, linear algebra), Neuroscience, Computer Science
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computational Neuroscience, Applied Math, or related technical field
- >2 years work experience in scientific software development
Please contact Dr. Sheila Nirenberg (email@example.com) with your resume or any questions.
- Contact Name: Sheila Nirenberg
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org