Funded PhD positions
michaeljblack – Posted on April 3, 2017 at 1:17 am –
- Job Type: PhD
- Employer: Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems
- Location: Tuebingen Germamny
- Link: http://imprs.is.mpg.de/
- Job Descriptions:
Funded Ph.D. Positions at the New International Max Planck Research School for Intelligent Systems
The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems and the Universities of Stuttgart and Tübingen are collaborating to offer a new interdisciplinary Ph.D. program, the International Max Planck Research School for Intelligent Systems. This new doctoral program is starting in fall 2017 and will enroll about 100 Ph.D. students over the next six years.
This school is a key element of Baden-Württemberg’s “Cyber Valley” initiative to accelerate basic research and commercial development in artificial intelligence. We seek students who want to earn a doctorate while contributing to world-leading research in areas such as
- - Computer Vision
- - Machine Learning
- - Robotics
- - Haptics
- - Control Systems
- - Perceptual Inference
- - Computer Graphics
- - Micro- and Nano-Robotics
The participating faculty are Frank Allgöwer, Matthias Bethge, Michael J. Black, Andrés Bruhn, Peer Fischer, Andreas Geiger, Philipp Hennig, Katherine J. Kuchenbecker, Hendrik Lensch, Georg Martius, Ludovic Righetti, Stefan Schaal, Bernhard Schölkopf, Metin Sitti, Alexander Spröwitz, Ingo Steinwart, Marc Toussaint, Ulrike von Luxburg, and Felix Wichmann.
Intelligent systems that can successfully perceive, act, and learn in complex environments hold great potential for aiding society. To advance human knowledge in this domain, we need doctoral students who are curious, creative, and passionate about research to join our school. Learn more at http://imprs.is.mpg.de
- - All aspects of the program are in English.
- - You may join our program in late summer or early fall 2017.
- - You will be mentored by our internationally renowned faculty.
- - You will register as a university graduate student and conduct research for approximately three years.
- - You can take part in a wide variety of scientific seminars, advanced training workshops, and social activities.
- - Your doctoral degree will be conferred when you successfully complete your Ph.D. project.
- - Our dedicated coordinator will assist you throughout your time as a doctoral student.
People with a strong academic background and a master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Mathematics, Control Theory, Neuroscience, Materials Science, Physics, or related fields should apply.
We seek to increase the number of women in areas where they are underrepresented, so we explicitly encourage women to apply. We are committed to employing more handicapped individuals and especially encourage them to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our institutions.
Admission will be competitive. If selected, you will receive funding via an employment contract, subject to the rules of the Max Planck Society and the two participating universities.
You can apply at http://imprs.is.mpg.de before midnight PST on April 17, 2017.
- Contact Name: Michael J Black
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org