Venture Pitch Contest at VIEW 2015
Mar 17, 2015 at 11:37 pm in by Computer Vision Central
Call For Participation: Startup Pitch Contest
Computer vision as a technology is penetrating the industry at an extraordinary pace with many computer vision applications directly becoming consumer commodities. Both startups and big companies have contributed to this trend. At the fourth annual Vision Industry and Entrepreneur Workshop, we are organizing a first of its kind Startup Pitch Contest. As a computer vision innovator, this is your chance to present the next great computer vision product idea to a distinguished panel of judges which will include Venture Capitalists, Investors and leading Researchers in the field.
Applications should employ novel computer vision technologies towards an innovative product. The best submissions would be selected for an Elevator Pitch presentation in front of the judges. Prizes would be awarded to the winners who would be announced at the end of the workshop. The details about the judging criteria will be posted on the website.
The submission is broken into two phases – Preliminary submission consisting of a title and an abstract, and, Final submission consisting of a one page summary with technology overview, feasibility, outreach (customers and market size) and monetization (business model). The summary should be tailored at soliciting funding from sources such as venture capital to invest in the idea. The applicants should indicate whether they are academic researchers or industry professionals. Only non-confidential material may be submitted. For further submission instructions and other updates on the contest, please visit the workshop website at http://cvisioncentral.com/view. For any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Contest topics include, but are not limited to:
- Robotics enabled by vision
- Deep learning approaches for object classification
- Computational photography
- Augmented reality system
- Vision enabled medical imaging
- Automotive and intelligent highway using vision
- Aerial drones using vision
Who Should Attend:
- Technology executives evaluating imaging and video companies for partnerships, recruiting, and technology trends.
- Vision and machine learning startups interested in meeting investors, customers and potential partners.
- Computer vision experts, practitioners, students, and technologies.
- Investors interested in vision: augmented reality, deep learning, visual search, and surveillance.
- Media and brand executives interested in boosting efficiency and new revenue by leveraging new products and technologies powered by computer vision
Startup Pitch Contest: Judges
- Preliminary Submission: April 24, 2015 (extended)
- Final Submission: May 01, 2015 (extended) (Contact us for consideration past due date)
- Notification: May 08, 2015 (extended)
- Workshop: June 11, 2015
Priority will be given to submissions received by the deadline. Submissions after the deadline will be considered based on space constraints.
- Call for Partification: PDF
- Go to https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/VIEW2015. Create a new account if you don’t have one.
- Create a new paper submission and choose the ‘Startup Pitch Contest’ track.
- Input required submission data.
- Early submission requires a title and abstract and should be completed by the Preliminary Submission Deadline.
- Final submission requires a one page summary and should be completed by the Final Submission Deadline.
- Authors are allowed to edit the submission till the Final Submission Deadline.