VIEW 2015 Venture Pitch Contest (first ever at CVPR)
Jun 22, 2015 at 10:42 pm in by Computer Vision Central
The organizers of VIEW 2015 successfully held the first ever Venture Pitch Contest at CVPR (Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition). We had over +100 in the audience, with standing room only for both the contests and industry sessions.
We had a number of entries for the contest, and we have worked with each to cultivate the pitch. The finalists that presented were:
- ParkIT – Deep Convolution Networks and Support Vector Machine Approach to Open Parking Spot Detection
- Caugnate – A new dimension of remote collaboration
- Vidi Systems – Deep Learning-based Image Analysis Software for Visual Inspection and Cassification Tasks
- QMedic – Connected Wearable Computing to Proactively Manage Health of High-risk Population
The winner of the VIEW 2015 Venture Pitch Contest was Qmedic. Dr. Chris Jones presented the top-prize of an iRobot Roomba to Sombit Mishra, Founder and CEO of QMedic.
We would like to thank our panel of judges:
- Bailal Zuberi – Lux Capital
- Chris Jones – iRobot
- Praveen Tailam – TiE Angels
- Mark Neitzburg – A9
- (Ric Fulop, NorthBridge Ventures, and Matt Stack, 3LP Advisors had to last minute conflicts).
We would also like to thank iRobot, for the sponsoring and donating the first prize.
We are now forming a new organizing team for VIEW 2016, to be held tentatively at CVPR 2016 in Las Vegas. Please send us an email at email@example.com if you would like to help. We are looking for volunteers, judges, panelist, etc.