VIEW 2015: Fourth Annual Vision Industry and Entrepreneur Workshop (Held in conjunction with CVPR 2015)
Dec 14, 2014 at 10:50 pm in by Computer Vision Central
Location: Room 202
Schedule: Half day (Morning)
08:15 Poster and Demo Setup
S1: Welcome (08:30–10:15)
- 08:30 Welcome: Sek Chai (SRI International), General Chair
- 08:45 Introductions: Moderator: Samson Timoner (Entrepreneur) & Kevin Ding (Entrepreneur)
- 08:50 Venture Pitch Contest: Moderator: Himanshu Arora (A9.com)
- 09:50 Industry Session Spotlights: Moderator: Arnab Dhua (A9.com)
10:15 Morning Break
S2: Session 2 (10:30–11:45)
- 10:30 Venture Pitch Feedback Sessions: Moderator: Himanshu Arora (A9.com)
- 10:30 Industry Session: Demos, Posters, and Recruiting:
- ClipMine: AI Assisted Collaborative Tagging of Videos for Enhaned Viewing – Omar Javed, Ivana Savic, Saad Ali, Zia Syed
- Changing the Game: Novel Computer Vision Algorithms for Automated Sports Analytics – Mehrsan Javan
- Brains4Drones: Embedded Vision Increases the Operational Safety of Unmanned Systems – Goksel Dedeoglu, Susan Rossbach
- Conversant Decision Sciences – Boaz Super
- Large Scale Text Detection in Video – Amy Zhang, Carolina Galleguillos, Ana Murillo
- SRI International: World-changing solutions – Sek Chai
- Collaborative Computer Vision R&D at Kitware – Anthony Hoogs , Heather James
- Multi-GPU Training For Large Scale Visual Recognition – Yi Li , Meng Wang, Wei Xia
- Visual Search Technologies at A9 – Himanshu Arora, Arnab Dhua
- LensBricks smart sensing technology – Rajeswari Kannan, Pranav Mishra
- Face Recognition Research at Systems & Technology Research – Jeffrey Byrne
- Algolux – Picture Clarity through Computational Imaging – Paul Green, Daniel Nahmias-Léonard
- Ingrain: Native Advertising in Online Video – Aamer Zaheer, Murtaza Taj, Ali Rehan, Abdul Rehman, Faraz Hassan
- MIT Lincoln Laboratory Video Analytics – Jason Thornton
- Computer Vision as a Service: Towards an Easy-To-Use Platform for Computer Vision Researchers – A. P. Tafti, H. Hassannia, A. Borji, and Z. Yu.
S3: Session 3 (11:45-12:30)
- 1145 Venture Pitch Contest Results: Moderator: Himanshu Arora (A9.com)
- 1220 Beyond VIEW 2015: Sek Chai (SRI International)
12:30 Lunch Break
VIEW 2015: Fourth Annual Vision Industry and Entrepreneur Workshop at CVPR
Computer vision today is a commercial force. Startups and global corporations are building businesses based on computer vision technology. These businesses provide computer vision based solutions for the needs of consumers, enterprises, non-profits, and governments. The demand for computer vision based solutions is also driving commercial and open-source development in associated areas, including hardware and software platforms for embedded and cloud deployments, new camera designs, new sensing technologies, and compelling applications.
The fourth annual Vision Industry and Entrepreneur Workshop (VIEW 2015) will be held with the Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR). Our purpose is to bridge the commercial and academic worlds of computer vision. VIEW provides a place where researchers, technologists, businesses, investors, and users can meet.
This year, the program will feature two main events: (1) Startup Pitch Contest, and (2) Industry Session. We anticipate a great turnout with industry leaders, companies from startups to Fortune 500s, as well as non-profit organizations. Every participant is encouraged to introduce themselves to the community, demonstrate their technologies and products, recruit talent, and network.
Call For Participation: Industry Session (Posters, Demos, and Recruiting)
Applications are solicited to present posters and demos at “VIEW 2015: Industry Session” from startups, industry teams, non-profits, venture capitalists, and other groups, who are actively working on or are supportive of computer vision technology and solutions. This session will be different from a typical CVPR workshop poster session: its principal aim is to enable organizations to present themselves for recruiting, networking, publicity, and feedback; and showcase their technology and solutions to a wide audience. Applicants are encouraged to include demos to showcase their solutions. No proceedings are planned.
This session will facilitate close interaction between the presenters and attendees. In this sense, the session will also serve as a recruiting event. The workshop attendees are encouraged to bring their resumes.
The submission should consist of a title, an abstract, and a draft poster in PDF format. The applicants should indicate if the submission is a poster or a demo & poster. Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee for relevance, interest, quality, and balance. Presentation of technology, value proposition, team, and competitive landscape are encouraged, but only non-confidential material may be submitted. For further submission information, please visit the workshop website at http://cvisioncentral.com/view. For any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
- Submission: March 20, 2015 (Contact us for consideration past due date)
- Notification: April 3, 2015
- Workshop: June 11, 2015
Priority will be given to submissions received by the deadline. Submissions after the deadline will be considered based on space constraints.
- Call for Participation: PDF
- Go to https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/VIEW2015. Create a new account if you don’t have one.
- Select the Industry Session or Venture Pitch Contest track for your submission.
- Input required submission data. Authors are allowed to edit the submission till the deadline.
- Venture Pitch Contest
- General Chairs: Sek Chai (SRI International)
- Industry Session Chair: Arnab Dhua (A9.com)
- Chairs: Himanshu Arora (A9.com), Samson Timoner (entrepreneur), Kevin Ding (entrepreneur)
- Steering Committee: Terry Boult (University of Colorado, Colorado Springs), Boaz Super (Conversant), Ramesh Raskar (MIT Media Lab)
- Web Chair: Yu Wang (Ambarella)