VIEW 2016: Fifth Annual Vision Industry and Entrepreneur Workshop (Held in conjunction with CVPR 2016)
Jan 26, 2016 at 3:22 am in by Computer Vision Central
Looking forward to seeing everyone early morning on June 26th!
Location: Palace II
08:15 Poster and Demo Setup
S1: Presentations (08:30–10:15)
- 08:30 Welcome: Arnab Dhua (A9.com), General Chair
- 08:45 Venture Pitch Contest: Moderator (Samson Timoner)
- Otitis : Scanning the insides of ears for sick kids
- Ground Level Data : Predicting crop yields
- Polarized 3D Scanning : a 3d scanning tool
- Hachid Solution : Monitoring Large crowds
- 10:00 Industry Session Spotlights: Moderator (Ziyan Wu)
10:15 Morning Break
S2: Poster Session (10:30–11:45)
- 10:30 Venture Pitch Feedback Sessions: Moderator (Samson Timoner)
- 10:30 Industry Session: Demos, Posters, and Recruiting: Moderator (Ziyan Wu)
- Indian Traffic Sign Detection and Classification Using Neural Networks – Arun Nandewal and Satyam Chandrra
- Mapping the World Using Drones – Tianwei Shen, Tian Fang and Long Quan
- Collaborative Computer Vision R&D at Kitware – Anthony Hoogs, Matt Turek and Keith Fieldhouse
- Efficient Video Similarity using Convolutional Neural Networks – Pegah Massoudifar, Ana Murillo and Hardik Shah
- Visual Search technologies at A9 – Himanshu Arora, Arnab Dhua and Sunil Ramesh
- SRI’s Center of Vision Technology – Sek Chai
- Vision Technologies and Solutions at Siemens – Jan Ernst and Ziyan Wu
- Reimagining Retail: Fellow Robots – Sivapriya Kaza and Thavidu Ranatunga
- Comcast Labs: Enhancing the Entertainment Experiences of the Future – Hongcheng Wang
S3: Awards and Closing Remarks (11:45-12:30)
- 1145 Venture Pitch Contest Results: Moderator (Samson Timoner)
- 1220 Closing Remarks: Arnab Dhua (A9.com) and Himanshu Arora (A9.com), General Chairs
For the Fifth Annual Vision Industry and Entrepreneur Workshop we will have an Industry Session and a Venture Pitch contest. As in previous years the Industry Session will be a great venue for industry participants to showcase their computer vision products and technology via posters and demos. The Venture Pitch Contest, which was a great success last year, will allow participants to pitch their ideas to a panel of venture capitalists, investors and entrepreneurs. The details for the Industry Session and the Venture Pitch are in the CFPs linked below.
For any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Venture Pitch Contest: Mentors
- Chris Jones, VP Technology IRobot.
- Samson Timoner, Founder of Scalable Display Technologies, Mythical Labs
- Shahid Azim, Founder of Lantos, Quanttus.
- Mark Nitzberg, Founder of Blightsite, SmartLeaf.
- Stan Reiss, General Partners @ Matrix Partners
- Jason Sager, Founder Sagely Health
- Hillel Bachrach, Serial Entrepreneur and Managing Partner of the investment fund HealthCare Partners LLC
Venture Pitch Contest: Judges
- Matthew Zeiler received his Ph.D in Computer Science from New York University in those fields. He has since launched a company called Clarifai to bring large scale deep learning into every day use. Through Clarifai, he won the Imagenet 2013 Classification Challenge (results) and has since been making huge strides in improving accuracy, speed, and memory usage of these models.
- Tarun Pandit has over 8 years of investing experience and is currently an investor at Capricorn Investment Group, a values-based investment firm with offices in Palo Alto and New York. Prior to Capricorn Investment Group, Tarun held positions in equity research and management consulting. He has a Bachelors in Technology from IIT-BHU Varanasi and a Masters in Civil Engineering and Business Administration from UC Berkeley.
- Rakesh “Teddy” Kumar, Ph.D., is director of the Center for Vision Technologies in Information and Computing Sciences at SRI International. In this role, he is responsible for leading research and development in the fields of computer vision, robotics, image processing, computer graphics, and visualization algorithms and systems for government and commercial clients.
- Shmuel Peleg received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Maryland in 1979. In 1981 he became a faculty member at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem where he is a Professor of Computer Science. Shmuel served as the first chairman of the Institute of Computer Science at The Hebrew University from 1990 to 1993.
- Submission: April 22, 2016 (Contact us for consideration past due date)
- Notification: April 29, 2016
- Workshop: June 26, 2016
Priority will be given to submissions received by the deadline. Submissions after the deadline will be considered based on space constraints.
- Call for Participation: Main CFP (PDF), Industry Session (PDF), Venture Pitch Contest (PDF)
- Website: http://computervisioncentral.com/view
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=view2016
- General Chairs: Arnab Dhua (A9.com), Himanshu Arora (A9.com)
- Industry Session Chair: Ziyan Wu (Siemens)
- Venture Pitch Chair: Samson Timoner (entrepreneur)
- Steering Committee: Sek Chai (SRI International), Terry Boult (University of Colorado, Colorado Springs), Boaz Super (Conversant)
- Web Chair: Yu Wang (Ambarella)