Kinect Matlab (wrapper functions for the Microsoft Kinect, OpenNI libary, by Dirk-Jan Kroon)
Computer Vision Central - Posted on December 13, 2011 at 1:02 am.
This zip-file contains c++ wrapper functions for the Microsoft Kinect, OpenNI libary.
To compile the code to mex-files use the Microsoft Visual Studio (Express) or MacOS/Linux Gcc C++ compiler and install:
- Unstable OpenNI binaries
- Latest version of OpenNI Sensor Kinect Drivers (Avis)
- Latest version of Primesence NITE
Start a 32bit version of Matlab, and execute compile_cpp_files. Now the mex-files are ready to use.
Note : This code is compatible with 64bit Matlab versions. But then you have to install real 64bit versions of OpenNI which you probably have to build/compile yourself.
- Example : Will load an recorded Kinect file, and show the depth and image movie.
- ExampleIR : Will connect to your Kinect Hardware, and show a high-res IR image.
- ExampleRS : Will show the difference between the IR reference and measurement, Depth of a ROI is equal to movement of the ROI between reference and measurement. This depth can be calculated using a horizontal "tilt and scaling" invariant normalized cross correlation (included version is not invariant).
- ExampleSK : Will show Skeleton tracking on recorded Kinect movie.
- ExampleRW: Will show a depth surface overlay-ed with the photo-camera stream in real-world coordinates (mm)
- ExampleCP : Will capture the Kinect streams to a file