SimpleCV (Python interface to several powerful open source computer vision libraries)
Computer Vision Central - Posted on December 27, 2011 at 11:25 pm.
SimpleCV is a Python interface to several powerful open source computer vision libraries in a single convenient package. With it, your software can have access to high level algorithms in feature detection, filtering, and pattern recognition in a unified framework. Forget about bit depths, file formats, color spaces, buffer management, eigenvalues, and matrix vs bitmap storage.
We love clean, readable computer vision code and hope you'll love how easy SimpleCV is to work with:
- Convenient "Superpack" installation for rapid deployment
- Feature detection and discrimination of Corners, Edges, Blobs, Barcodes
- Filter and sort features by location, color, quality, and size
- Integrated iPython interactive shell makes experimenting easy
- Image manipulation and format conversion
- Capture and process video streams from Kinect, Webcams, Firewire, IP Cams, and even mobile phones