ChaLearn Gesture Dataset (CGD2011)
Computer Vision Central - Posted on January 10, 2012 at 5:00 pm.
The complete dataset CGD2011 http://gesture.chalearn.org/data of gestures recorded as RGB and depth videos with a Kinect(TM) camera:
- 50,000 gestures,
- with image sizes 240 x 320 pixels,
- at 10 frames per second,
- recorded by 20 different users,
- grouped in 500 batches of 100 gestures,
- each batch including 47 sequences of 1 to 5 gestures drawn from various small gesture vocabularies of 8 to 15 gestures,
- from over 30 different gesture vocabularies.
The data are used in the gesture challenge presently on-going, for which Microsoft is offering big prizes. Visit http://gesture.chalearn.org.
The challenge is organized by ChaLearn. The submission website is hosted by Kaggle.com. Other sponsors include Micorsoft (Kinect for Xbox 360) and Texas Instrument. This effort was initiated by the DARPA Deep Learning program and is supported by the US National Science Foundation (NSF) under grants ECCS 1128436 and ECCS 1128296, and by the EU Pascal2 network of excellence. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.